Coram is dedicated to achieving positive outcomes for our clients when it matters most.
Coram has a highly respected team of children law barristers, both in public law and private law.Our expert team includes specialist barristers skilled in finance and private client disputes including financial remedies, divorce, TOLATA 1996, and prenuptial agreements. We deal regularly with very high net worth cases involving enormous wealth, complex and intricate assets and asset-holding structures, trusts and businesses, both UK-based and offshore.
For more information on our members or to discuss a particular case, please contact our clerking team.
With our team’s financial acumen and analytical approach to financial disputes, we ensure that you are fiercely represented in the most intellectual of disputes. Barristers in our international family finance team have a global practice, representing clients on matters which cross multiple jurisdictions.
Our family finance barristers provide written advice or advice in direct meetings with clients and undertake representation and advocacy in court, in private FDRs, and in arbitrations. We also regularly support clients engaged in mediation and settlement conferences.
Areas of expertise
Our family finance law barristers are skilled at guiding clients in a range of legal matters, including:
- Financial remedy applications following divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership, including high net worth cases, complex financial structures, international assets, freezing injunctions, family trusts, pensions, corporate entities, and limited liability partnerships, inherited and pre-acquired assets, pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements, and maintenance payments
- Financial claims following a foreign divorce
- Disputes between co-habitees and others under TOLATA 1996
- Financial provision under Schedule 1 to the Children Act 1989
- Claims under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Probate issues and matters involving contentious wills, trusts, intestate estates and intestacy rules, and capacity
- Third party issues relating to financial remedy cases including property intervenor claims or insolvency matters
- Jurisdiction disputes including forum non conveniens, legacy cases under EU Regulations, and under the new post-Brexit rules
- Recognition of foreign divorces, declarations of marital status, annulments of marriages, contested divorces and all other related areas
- Drafting pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements and separation agreements.
Our members are available to undertake early neutral evaluations and private FDRs. We can host these events in our central London chambers (two minutes from the Central Family Court), where we have private and comfortable conferencing facilities. We have qualified IFLA arbitrators able to undertake arbitrations of financial remedy and family property disputes.
Coram provides a full and bespoke out of court Dispute Resolution service which utilises the expert skills of our family barristers as mediators, arbitrators and through neutral evaluation (private FDR hearings). The expertise of several of our members is recognised by the most prominent directories, Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500.