Finance & Private Client
Coram is a leading family law chambers providing representation and advice to clients in London and across England and Wales.
Our experienced clerking and administration team are renowned for their dedication, attention to detail and reliability and ensure that professional and lay clients receive an efficient, friendly and bespoke service; our clerking team has been recognised as “the best Clerks at the Family Bar” (Chambers and Partners, 2014)”
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Remedy applications following divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership, including high net worth assets, complex financial structures, international assets, freezing injunctions, family trusts, corporate entities and limited liability partnerships, inherited and pre-acquired assets, pre and post nuptial agreements and maintenance payments
- Financial claims following a foreign divorce
- Disputes between cohabitees and others under TOLATA 1996
- Financial provision under Schedule 1 to the Children Act 1989
- Claims under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Jurisdiction disputes including those under Brussels I Recast, Brussels II revised, and the Maintenance Regulation
- Recognition of foreign divorces, declarations of marital status, annulments of marriages, contested divorces and all other related areas
- Drafting pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, and separation agreements
Our team has depth and breadth of experience, which is essential to achieving successful outcomes in the discretionary jurisdiction in which we work. Our objective is to provide to each client clear and straightforward advice to achieve the best possible outcome. Our astute negotiation skills often lead to a sensible and commercial result at the earliest possible stage in the process of litigation. Where required, we combine forensic analysis with robust advocacy to provide an effective and professional service throughout all stages of litigation. Our team has extensive experience of appellate work and members have appeared in leading cases.
Members of our team will provide written advice or advice in direct meetings with clients. They undertake representation and advocacy in court and in arbitrations. They also regularly support clients engaged in mediations and settlement conferences. Our members are also available to undertake early neutral evaluations and Private FDRS. We are well able to host such events at our Central London Chambers (2 minutes from the Central Family Court), where we have extensive and comfortable conferencing facilities. We have qualified IFLA arbitrators able to undertake arbitrations of financial remedy and family property disputes.
Members of the team have written extensively, including regular contributions to leading practitioners’ textbooks and journals, and some have been actively involved in recent reform of the law, in relation to campaigns for a ‘no fault divorce’, reform of family procedure, and for reform of cohabitation law.
Many members also lecture on topical family finance issues, either by way of bespoke, in-house seminars, or at large events organised by leading conference organisers.
We would be pleased to hear from you if you feel our expertise could assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact our senior clerk, Sam Carter to have a conversation about your needs.
D: 020 7092 3754
M: 074 8751 0706
Connect with Sam on LinkedIn.
Meet the team