Anarkali has a diverse practice; with a particular focus on cases involving children. She offers strong advocacy skills alongside clear, nuanced advice; and her clients will find her approachable, helpful and straightforward. She has extensive experience representing parents, Guardians, (ex) spouses and Local Authorities.
Having come from a mixed common law background, Anarkali’s practice is now predominately court-based and covers almost all areas of family law. Recent cases have involved:
– NAI fact-finds, risk assessments and disposal hearings;
– Serious and chronic neglect, violence and sex abuse, involving organised crime networks, casual extra-family abusers and local paedophile rings;
– Experts, including those who have faced professional sanctions as a result of her cross examination.
– Appeals and Judicially reviewable matters: findings of fact, judicial approach, exercise of judicial discretion, reliance on experts, and appropriate reliance on the evidence offered. She has recently appealed successfully a CMO.
– Extensive experience of FDRs, FDAs and final hearings on ancillary relief matters.
– Clients who have unstable personalities, personality disorders, schizophrenia, autism, severe learning difficulties, and other mental and physical health difficulties. Clients who give instructions via the Official Solicitor; including both financial and child-related litigation where capacity is present for some parts of the litigation, but is lacking in others;
– Representation of particularly vulnerable children including those cases where children are also parents; Re W hearings etc;
– fact findings including serious sexual abuse allegations, neglect, domestic violence, rapes and threats to kill etc;
– Defended divorces;
– Emergency contested hearings, applications and injunctions in both private and public law;
– Foreign relocation, internal relocation, contact, residence
– Disclosure hearings in camera;
– Abduction of children and mirror-orders involving foreign jurisdictions;
– Cases involving disputes over translators and dialect, foreign cultures and the overseas dissolution of marriage;
– Cases of implacable hostility; and such cases involving change of residence;
Anarkali is able to accept direct access instructions, where considered appropriate.
Court of Protection
City University BVC
Oxford Brookes University CPE
Oxford University Literae Humaniores